We at Baywood Court are doing our best to keep our residents and employees safe. Baywood Court is following all recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Alameda County Health Department. We continue to monitor their websites and receive information and developments related to COVID-19 (coronavirus). The following is effective as of November 13th and subject to change due to updated Alameda County regulations:
- With everyone’s diligence, we are proud that we have had minimal cases of COVID at Baywood. There have been no resident cases to date and just a few staff cases since February. Please note that if we have a staff case, we do not notify everyone every time. Through contact tracing, those who may have been exposed are contacted directly per state and local guidelines.
- Baywood Court has had a strict infection and contagious illness control policy in place for many years and its guidelines are strictly implemented by all community staff and residents on a daily basis.
- All residents and staff have been encouraged to be diligent to prevent the spread of any and all viruses and other infectious agents.
- As a precaution, we have requested all residents to be attentive to their health and notify the Resident Services Director if and when they may have any symptoms of illness.
- We have a check-in station at the front entrance where everyone, including staff, is required to wash their hands upon entry, have their temperature checked, and fill out a questionnaire.
- Residents are required to have their temperatures checked before attending socially distanced activities or dining.
- We have two new contactless thermal temperature scanners for residents, staff, and visitors. One is located in the dining room lobby and the other inside the front entrance. Everyone can easily and accurately receive a temperature check.
- Our transportation staff are transporting residents to doctor appointments and will pick up any over-the-counter medication from the pharmacy for Independent Living Residents if they prefer not to go out. We are also providing residents with one weekly grocery shopping trip.
- Our residents are still able to enjoy the wonderful lifestyle Baywood Court has to offer by wearing a mask and keeping socially distant. We are offering smaller classes including exercise, bingo, crafts, entertainment, and more where everyone is careful to socially distance and wear masks. We have reopened our gym at specific times with two residents maximum and regular sanitizing. Residents continue to enjoy getting their hair cut and styled and pedicures and manicures have resumed.
- In line with Alameda County guidelines where restaurants are opening indoors at a 25 percent capacity, Independent Living residents are now enjoying indoor dining. Those who prefer to continue to eat in their apartments are able to do so.
- We have asked residents and other visitors to limit their visits to the Health Center and instead call their friend(s) who may be residing there. Family visits are allowed on a limited basis and with required COVID testing. We are also offering alternative means of communication for visitors who would like to communicate with their loved ones in our Health Center via phone or Skype.
- As our Independent Living apartments are unlicensed, move-ins are still permitted. Apartments are available to rent, with a move-in credit offered to new residents and referral credits offered to residents or family members who are actively involved in an applicant moving to Baywood.
We thank our residents and staff for their continued efforts and diligence, and our residents’ personal responders and family members for supporting residents, following our rules, and keeping visits to a minimum where possible.
We look forward to a festive holiday season and our collective diligence to always keep our resident’s health and safety as our top priority.