We here at Baywood Court are doing our best to keep our residents and employees safe. Baywood Court is following all recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and monitoring the CDC for news and developments related to COVID-19 (coronavirus). For the general public, the immediate health risk from COVID-19 is low, according to the CDC. Because our resident population is more vulnerable than the general public, however, we are intensifying our preventative measures with their well-being in mind.
In light of the continued spread of COVID-19, Baywood Court has stepped up our protocols. We want to let you know that:
- No residents at Baywood Court have developed any Coronavirus symptoms nor have any tested positive for the virus at this time.
- Baywood Court has had a strict infection and contagious illness control policy in place for many years and its guidelines are strictly implemented by all community staff and residents on a daily basis.
- All Baywood Court residents were provided with a Contagious Illness Alert on February 5, 2020 to provide guidance and inform the community of necessary procedures should any residents feel ill. A second alert went to all residents on March 12, 2020.
- All residents and staff have been encouraged to be diligent to prevent the spread of any and all viruses and other infectious agents.
- As a precaution, we have requested all residents to be attentive to their health and that they notify the Resident Services Manager if and when they may have any symptoms of illness.
- Hand sanitizer is being provided at the front entrance. We are asking everyone who enters our building to follow hand sanitizing/washing procedures, including staff and residents.
- We have cancelled transportation to all outside resident events (except scenic drives as residents do not need to get off the bus). Residents may still go to local pharmacies and doctors as needed.
- Our transportation staff will pick up any over-the-counter medication from the pharmacy for your Independent Living Residents if they prefer not to go out.
- We have asked residents and other visitors to limit their visits to the Health Center and instead, call their friend(s) who may be residing there.
- All visitors to Baywood Court are asked to complete a safe health questionnaire provided at the community entrance and apply provided hand sanitizer before entering and dropping off their questionnaire at the front desk. If they answer yes to any questions, we ask that they not enter our community.
- We are offering alternative means of communication for visitors who would like to communicate with their loved ones who are in our Health Center via phone or Skype.
- When any further information becomes available, we will promptly notify all community residents and their families with printed flyers, emails, a Facebook post, and a posted notice here on our website.
We will continue to keep everyone up-to-date on any new developments. Thank you and stay safe!